Cellec Technologies Inc.
About Our Organization:
Cellec Technologies is pursuing a lithium balancing approach to zero-volt capability (Z-Safe) in
any lithium ion cell chemistry without sacrificing energy or power density (Wh/L and Wh/kg). This novel approach improves the overall safety of the cells, and eliminates the need for storing and
transporting lithium ion cells at a partial state of charge.
Research and Development
Part Time ~20 hours/week
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training
employees or co-ops; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Implement research and development processes for energy stroage applications to produce lithium ion
cells of unique composition. Operate advanced cell manufacturing equipment in a dry room environment, and test lithium ion cells for performace and cycle life. Research and development efforts will
be expected to move the energy storage technologies towards a manufacturable product.
- Devise research or testing protocols.
- Implement design or process improvements.
- Install production equipment or systems.
- Measure physical or chemical properties of materials or objects.
- Prepare contracts, disclosures, or applications.
- Prepare procedural documents.
- Prepare technical reports for internal use.
- Research engineering applications of emerging technologies.
- Supervise engineering or other technical personnel.
- Produce images or measurements, using tools or techniques such as atomic force microscopy, scanning electron
microscopy, optical microscopy, particle size analysis, or zeta potential analysis.
- Supervise or provide technical direction to technicians engaged in nanotechnology research or production.
- Collaborate with scientists or engineers to design or conduct experiments for the development of nanotechnology
materials, components, devices, or systems.
- Collect or compile nanotechnology research or engineering data.
- Monitor hazardous waste cleanup procedures to ensure proper application of nanocomposites or accomplishment of
- Contribute written material or data for grant or patent applications.
- Inspect or measure thin films of carbon nanotubes, polymers, or inorganic coatings, using a variety of techniques
or analytical tools.
- Mix raw materials or catalysts to manufacture nanoparticles according to specifications, ensuring proper particle
size, shape, or organization.
- Compare the performance or environmental impact of nanomaterials by nanoparticle size, shape, or
- Develop or modify wet chemical or industrial laboratory experimental techniques for nanoscale use.
- Process nanoparticles or nanostructures, using technologies such as ultraviolet radiation, microwave energy, or
- Prepare detailed verbal or written presentations for scientists, engineers, project managers, or upper
- Implement new or enhanced methods or processes for the processing, testing, or manufacture of nanotechnology
materials or products.
- Prepare capability data, training materials, or other documentation for transfer of processes to production.
- Analyze the life cycle of nanomaterials or nano-enabled products to determine environmental impact.
- Develop or modify wet chemical or industrial laboratory experimental techniques for energy storage.
- Data collection, analysis, statistical understanding, writing and following Standard Operating Procedures
- Lithium ion cell fabrication and testing
- Writiting battery testing schedules
- Assisting with Cellec Technologies policy development
- Supervise future scientist/engineers and train/mentor co-op student workers.
- Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge
- Analyzing Data or Information
- Getting Information
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems
- Documenting/Recording Information
- Identifying Objects, Actions, and Events
- Thinking Creatively
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates
- Interacting With Computers
- Data Analysis and Figure Preparation
- Participation in Sponsor Reviews
- Travel to Sponsor Reviews and Professional Conferences
The position requires that the employee will walk, sit, and stand.
Lifts Weight or Exerts Force Work Environment
The employee will occasionally lift packages, boxes, and equipment up
to 25 pounds
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision
and the ability to adjust focus
The employee is occasionally working near fumes or airborne particles;
working with toxic or caustic chemicals; is occasionally exposed to rRisk of electrical shock; the employee is frequently working near moving mechanical parts
Education and Experience
Years of Experience
5 Years Experience in Energy Storage
|Degree or Formal Training
Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of
alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to
understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Using mathematics to solve problems.
Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make
improvements or take corrective action.
Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
Teaching others how to do something.
Actively looking for ways to help people.
Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they
Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
Complex Problem Solving Skills
Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and
Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working
Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to
evaluate quality or performance.
Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
Writing computer programs for various purposes.
- Judgment and Decision Making
Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the
most appropriate one.
Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations,
and the environment will affect outcomes.
Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or
correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
Resource Management Skills
- Management of Personnel Resources
Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best
people for the job.
Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Management of Material Resources
Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and
materials needed to do certain work.
- Management of Financial Resources
Determining how money will be spent to get the work done, and accounting for these
Desktop Computer Skills
Using a computer application to manage large amounts of information, including
creating and editing simple databases, inputting data, retrieving specific records, and creating reports to communicate the information.
Working with pictures in graphics programs or other applications, including
creating simple graphics, manipulating the appearance, and inserting graphics into other programs.
Using a computer application to create, manipulate, edit, and show virtual
Using scroll bars, a mouse, and dialog boxes to work within the computer's
operating system. Being able to access and switch between applications and files of interest.
Navigating the Internet to find information, including the ability to open and
configure standard browsers; use searches, hypertext references, and transfer protocols; and send and retrieve electronic mail (e-mail).
Using a computer application to enter, manipulate, and format text and
numerical data; insert, delete, and manipulate cells, rows, and columns; and create and save worksheets, charts, and graphs.
Using a computer application to type text, insert pictures, format, edit, print, save, and
retrieve word processing documents
- Nanomaterial Synthesis, Characterization, and Modification
- Lithium Ion Chemistry and Material Properties
- Material Science and Nanotechnology for Energy Storage
- Lithium Ion Cell Design and Testing
- Engineering and Technology
- English Language