Qualified Candiates: Please send resume with cover letter and three (3) professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel free to reach out with any questions, comments, concerns.
Only applications containing all required elements will be considered.
We thank you for considering employment with Cellec Technologies!
Full-Time. Rochester, NY
Position Summary: This position is for a Battery Engineer to oversee the fabrication, assembly, and testing of energy storage devices. Responsibilities for this position include working and overseeing others to ensure electrode fabrication, pouch cell assembly, data processing, macro programming, and report generation tasks are completed. This position includes supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Cellec’s policies and applicable law, including but not limited to: interviewing, training employees, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, addressing complaints and solving problems.
- Design and fabrication of battery electrode materials including: implement mixing and coating processes; electrode drying, electrode punching, and stacking; battery assembly, testing, and finishing;
- Use characterization equipment to evaluate materials and devices including: microscopy, thin film analysis
- Devise research and testing protocols; write battery testing schedules; install production equipment or systems.
- Data collection, analysis, statistical understanding, writing and following Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Prepare contracts, disclosures, applications, procedural documents, and technical reports
- Research engineering applications of emerging technologies.
- Supervise engineering or other technical personnel; supervise/train co-op students.
- Monitor hazardous waste cleanup procedures to ensure proper application of nanocomposites or accomplishment of objectives.
- The position requires that the employee will walk, sit, and stand.
- The employee will occasionally lift packages, boxes, and equipment up to 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision; Ability to adjust focus
- The employee is occasionally exposed to: fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock; work near moving mechanical parts
Education and Experience
Years of Experience
5 Years Experience in Energy Storage
Degree or Formal Training
Experience in: nanomaterial synthesis, characterization, and modification; lithium ion chemistry and material properties; material Science and nanotechnology for energy storage; lithium ion cell design and testing is preferred
Cellec Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to age, religion, race, creed, color, national origin, military status, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, familial status, marital status, domestic violence victim status or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the Company’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.
41 CFR 60-300.5(a): _ This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
Voluntary Self-Identification of “Protected” Veteran Status
This form is entirely voluntary. If you choose to complete the information on this form, please include the appropriate status along with your name and the date- with the rest of your application information via email to email@example.com
Why Are You Being Asked to Complete This Form?
This employer is a Government contractor subject to the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended by the Jobs for Veterans Act of 2002, 38 U.S.C. 4212 (VEVRAA). VEVRAA requires Government contractors to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment protected veterans. To help us measure the effectiveness of our outreach and recruitment efforts of veterans, we are asking you to tell us if you are a veteran covered by VEVRAA. Completing this form is completely voluntary, but we hope you fill it out. Any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp.
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans please indicate by checking the appropriate box below.
[ ] I IDENTIFY AS ONE OR MORE OF THE CLASSIFICATIONS OF PROTECTED VETERAN LISTED BELOW
[ ] I AM NOT A PROTECTED VETERAN
[ ] I DO NOT WISH TO ANSWER